From SolidCoin Wiki
These beliefs are core to the way the software is designed, and will come to inform the objectives of the Coin Protection/Promotion/Provision Fund. <--- can we reach consensus with one of these names?
Solidcoin must offer freedom from external controls
- I should have the ability to carry out transactions to whomever I choose with absolute privacy. All people have the right to trade, whether their world view coincides with that of Visa and Paypal or not.
- We do not believe the rich should have a disproportionate amount of power, as most of the rich inherited their wealth.
- The very rich should pay a subsidy to contribute some of their wealth back to the people.
I want a payment service I can trust
- Trade should be easy, fast and secure
- The CPF uses the funds earned from mining in a reasonable and responsible way. The fund is only to be used for expenses directly relating to the SolidCoin project and its users.
- The SolidCoin software should be proven, reliable and auditable.
- Responsible disclosure on security issues and exploits requested
- Commitment to support software, feature requests and security issues
I am responsible for my own keys and passwords. There are no Chargebacks.
- Secret keys associated with solidcoin transactions belong to the person that owns the wallet.
- Loss of keys is equivalent to loss of cash
- All trades and sends/payments are final. No reversal of transactions
- The economy essentially a peer to peer network of exchange of local currency
- Cryptocurrency and Economic theories employed should represent best practice be correct mathematically.
- Money should be liquid and and work for all parties
- We like mathematics
- Cryptocurrencies are the future of economies